Stuco – 120 Years of Company History
Stuber & Co (Stuco) was founded by J. Stuber in 1898. The company quickly made a name for itself in the Herzogenbuchsee (Switzerland) region with the industrial production of wooden shoes.
During the 1950s, the company also manufactured skiing and hiking boots in addition to the standard work and outdoor footwear. In 1971, the management of Stuco realigned the company: it subsequently focussed on the production of safety and work shoes for all industries. At the same time the company began selling directly to end consumers in all sectors and branches of industry.
This direct contact with the consumer turned out to be a major advantage during the following years, as it allowed the needs of the customers to be continuously integrated into product development and the product range to be optimized accordingly.
The time had come for the company to venture abroad. The Fall of the Iron Curtain allowed the company to penetrate the “free” markets to the east. Today, our production company, Stuco kft., in Nagymanyok (Hungary), is one of the most important suppliers of safety and special shoes in Hungary. The company founded subsidiaries in Austria in 1998 and Germany in 2015, providing Stuco with vital footholds in the EU Single Market and bringing it even closer to its customers.
Today our products under the stuco and ocuts brands are very well established on the market and known for their unparalleled comfort and excellent quality. We are of course quite proud that Stuco is still a family-run business after 120 years and that we still manufacture 100% of our products in Europe.