he headquarters of Ipoly Cipőgyár Kft. Is located in the border town of Balassagyarmat, about 70 km from Budapest, in Nógrád County, and is in symbiosis with the Balassagyarmat Prison and the Prison. Its branch office is located in the Heves County Prison, in Eger.
The predecessor of the company was established in 1954 and its main profile is from the beginning the manufacture of footwear. Until the end of 1993, it was a state-owned company, and from January 1, 1994, a 100% state-owned business corporation, an independent legal entity whose primary task is the full, but effective employment of prisoners.
At present, the company is the market leader in the domestic shoe industry in terms of its product structure, size and ownership.